Aconcagua (Normal route)
Mountaineering around Santiago
- SEASON December to February
- DURATION Mendoza – Mendoza
Currently this trip is available only for private groups, please Contact us to receive your customised program with rates
Climb the roof of America! Aconcagua is not only the highest peak on the America continent, but also the highest peak in the world outside of the Himalayas. It is also considered the easiest 7,000m peak, meaning you mainly need endurance, good team work and a good acclimatization plan in order to maximize your chances of reaching the summit. And this is exactly what we offer! We have been leading expeditions to Aconcagua since 1984 and we know the mountain and the conditions like the back of our hand. Thanks to our experience and expertise, we are certain that we can provide you with the right strategy to be safe on the mountain and to have a memorable experience.
Although climbing Aconcagua is considered technically easy, the altitude and uncertain weather conditions make it physically demanding. Therefore, we propose a program aimed at maximizing your chances of reaching the summit while providing you with the most enjoyable and enriching experience possible. It is important to keep in mind that, when moving in such high altitudes, the key to success is preserving your physical and mental energy. For this reason, we take one step at a time during this expedition.
During the first week, our focus will be on acclimatizing and getting to the base camp in good condition. We will enjoy the hike and use this time to learn about the area, its history, its legends and about ourselves. We will also have plenty of time to take photos. Once we arrive at the base camp, we will have to plan and prepare for the upcoming days on the mountain and, eventually, for the summit day. Your guides will make all the decisions on the mountain, reducing your burden and allowing you to focus your energy on the enjoyment of the journey.
– Climb America’s highest mountain, the highest peak outside of the Himalayas.
– Enjoy stunning views from the summit and throughout the entire expedition.
Technically easy but physically demanding ascent due to the altitude and uncertain weather conditions. We offer you a program that maximizes your chances of reaching the summit of America’s highest peak.
Included in the price
– Organization, logistics and support during the entire ascent.
– Private transportation throughout the entire trip.
– Professional bilingual mountain guide(s) (mountain guide to client ratio: 1/3).
– Camp staff on the mountain such as a cook and camp assistants.
– Meals and accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary.
– Two nights in a 4 (****) star hotel in Mendoza and one night in a Hostería.
– Mules for the luggage when required.
– High quality communal camping and mountaineering gear including tents as well as full base camp infrastructures and services (such as a large communal tent, toilets, stoves, cooking gear etc.).
– Airport transfers as mentioned in the program.
– VHF radio communication.
– First aid kit including pulse oximeter.
– Satellite phone (on pay per minute basis).
Not included in the price
– International and/or domestic flights.
– Personal equipment (mattress, sleeping bag, backpack and others).
– Compulsory travel insurances (accidents, repatriation) and other insurances of any kind (e.g. medical, trip cancellation – strongly recommended).
– Aconcagua permit fee.
– Meals in Mendoza and dinner at Puente del Inca or Penitentes.
– Any extra costs for early departure.
– Porters (may be hired at Plaza de Mulas).
– Any service/cost not mentioned in the program.
ChileMontaña reserves the right to modify the prices published on this web site when the EURO or the DOLLAR suffers important changes in values.