Volcan Acotango (6.052m / 19.855ft)
Climb a 6000 meters peak in the Andes.
- SEASON Year around. Fixed departures dates June and July√ READY TO GO?… SIGN UP!√ WHY CHOOSE US
- DURATION 9 days. Starts and ending in Arica, Chile
- PARTICIPANTS 6 to 12 participants.
- PRIVATE DEPARTURES DATES Year around. Quotation upon request.
- FIXED DEPARTURES DATES 2017
DEPARTURE ENDING STATUS Saturday June 10, 2017 Sunday June 18, 2017 Open Saturday June 24, 2017 Sunday July 02, 2017 Open Saturday July 8, 2017 Sunday July 16, 2017 Open Saturday July 22, 2017 Sunday July 30, 2017 Open
US $2,050.00 – CL $1,332,500 per person. Shared vehicles, guides and servicesBased on double room and double tent accommodation. For single accommodation please add US $280.00 – CL $182,000 (not available in huts).)
This expedition presents a tremendous opportunity to become acquainted with Atacama Desert and the Altiplano High-Plateu, with an excellent, gradual acclimatization, easy daily treks, and visits to national parks, Lauca in Chile and Sajama, in Bolivia.
It includes the ascent of Cerro Huani Huani a 5.074m / 16.647ft peak and ends with the ascent of Nevado Acotango, a 6.052m / 19.855ft mountain, both located within the vicinity of Sajama National Park.
The beauty of the landscape is evidenced by incredible views of Chungara Lake and Cota-Cotani, Sajama, Pomerape and Parinacota Volcanoes, among others.
During this 9-day tour, we will have the opportunity to visit highland towns and become acquainted with their inhabitants who are of Aymara and Quechua ethnicities. The very prolific and visible local wild fauna such as guanacos and vicuñas of the camelid species, foxes, and vizcachas of the rodent species and a plethora of bird species.
And the icing on the cake: attaining the beautiful summit of the Acotango a real high altitude peak without having to carry heavy backpacks or set up camp from high up!
– Participate in a challenging ascent in the heart of the Central Andes.
– Hike through unique Andean scenery.
– Enjoy the breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding 5,000m and 6,000m peaks.
All the challenge and emotion of climbing a 6000 meters peak, without the heavy packs or the high camps, in just a single and pleasant 5 hours summit day.
Included in the price
– Private transportation throughout the entire trip
– Bilingual trekking guide
– UIAGM Bilingual mountain guide for Acotango climb
– Camp staff such as a cook and camp assistants.
– Meals and accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary.
– All activities and entrance fees as mentioned in the program.
– High quality communal camping gear including tents as well as full base camp infrastructure and services.
– Airport transfers as mentioned in the program.
– First aid kit and pulse oximeter.
– VHF radio communication.
– Satellite phone (on pay per minute basis).
Not included in the price
– International and/or domestic flights.
– Personal equipment (mattress, sleeping bag, backpack and others).
– Compulsory travel insurances (accidents, repatriation) and other insurances of any kind (e.g. medical, trip cancellation – strongly recommended).
– Personal expenses.
– Extra costs for early departure.
– Any service/cost not mentioned in the program.
ChileMontaña reserves the right to modify the prices published on this web site when the EURO or the DOLLAR suffers important changes in values.
You could download this program pdf HERE
You could also download this program generic gear list pdf HERE
For images of this mountain click HERE