Vn. Pular & Vn. San Pedro
Trekking and mountaineering in the Atacama
- SEASON Year-round
- DURATION 16 days. Santiago – Santiago
- Currently this trip is available only for private groups. Please Contact us to receive your customised program with rates.
This mountaineering program will take you to the heart of the Atacama Desert and the Chilean high plateau, allowing you to climb two 6,000m volcanoes on the way.
The Atacama Desert is considered to be the driest spot on earth. It is a rainless plateau that stretches between the Pacific Ocean and the Andes mountain range. With less than 1mm of rain a year, the area allows for spectacular landscapes and unspoiled beauty in many different shapes, forms and colors. We will drive up towards the Altiplano and the famous town of San Pedro de Atacama which offers a wide variety of services, great food and an excellent museum focusing on the Atacameños culture. From there we continue to the Chilean Altiplano, a region which still hides a number of unknown summits that represent a real challenge for mountaineers from all over the world.
Our mountaineering expedition will bring you to two giant volcanoes which are not well known and are rarely visited. Vn Pular is the highest summit entirely located on Chilean territory and is an isolated and impressive massif, surrounded by salt flats and steppes. Vn San Pedro, located in the Loa River basin, forms, together with its volcanic twin brother San Pablo, a huge massif that is visible from long distance.
– Discover the Atacama Desert with its beautiful colors.
– Drive and trek across the Andean high plateau.
– Climb two unexplored 6000 meter summits: Vn Pular & Vn San Pedro.
– Watch the sun rising behind the El Tatio Geysers.
– Explore San Pedro de Atacama.
Demanding mountaineering program. The mountains are technically easy, but the altitude, the temperature and the wind could make the ascents quite strenuous.
Included in the price
– Private transportation throughout the entire trip.
– Professional bilingual mountain guide(s).
– Camp staff such as a cook and camp assistants.
– Porters for the common gear such as tents and food.
– Meals and accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary.
– All activities and entrance fees as mentioned in the program.
– High quality communal camping gear including tents as well as full base camp infrastructures and services.
– Airport transfers as mentioned in the program.
– VHF radio communication.
– First aid kit including pulse oximeter.
– Satellite phone (on pay per minute basis).
Not included in the price
– Domestic and/or international flights.
– Personal equipment (mattress, sleeping bag, backpack and others).
– Compulsory travel insurances (accidents, repatriation) and other insurances of any kind (e.g. medical, trip cancellation – strongly recommended).
– Meals not mentioned in the itinerary.
– Personal expenses.
– Extra costs for early departure.
– Any service/cost not mentioned in the program.
ChileMontaña reserves the right to modify the prices published on this web site when the EURO or the DOLLAR suffers important changes in values.
You could also download this program pdf HERE
You could also download this program generic gear list pdf HERE