Ojos del Salado
Climb the world’s highest volcano!
- SEASON 2017 / 2018 √ READY TO GO?… SIGN UP!
√ VIDEO OF A TYPICAL
√ WHY CHOOSE US
- SET DEPARTURES: November to March
- DURATION: 13 days. Starting and ending in Bahía Inglesa (Copiapó, III Region, Chile)
- PARTICIPANTS: Min 4 – Max 12
- SET DEPARTURES 2017/2018
DEPARTURE ENDING STATUS Sunday November 5, 2017 Friday November 17, 2017 Open Tuesday November 28, 2017 Sunday December 10, 2017 Open Sunday December 10, 2017 Friday December 22, 2017 Open Sunday December 24, 2017 Friday January 5, 2018 Guaranteed Sunday January 14, 2018 Friday January 26, 2018 Open Sunday January 28, 2018 Friday February 9, 2018 Open Sunday February 11, 2018 Friday February 23, 2018 Open Sunday February 25, 2018 Friday March 9, 2018 Open Sunday March 11, 2018 Friday March 22, 2018 Open
Shared vehicles, guides and services US$2,800.00 per guest
For single accommodation please add US$320.00 (not available on the huts).
- –Options for private services within the regular groups, same set departures, please request your customized proposal for:
• Private guide
• Private Guide +Private vehicle
The Chilean desert high plateau east of Copiapó is well known amongst mountaineers from all over the world as it concentrates the highest number of six thousand meter peaks on earth. Amid all these giant volcanoes and mountains on the boarder of the Atacama Desert, the world’s highest volcano, Ojos del Salado, rises up to the sky.
This expedition will take you to the heart of the Atacama Desert, the driest spot on earth. From Copiapó we start driving towards the Chilean high plateau, a remote region that only few people go to. On the way we come across places of amazing beauty and diversity. We drive through salt flats, camp next to pristine mountain lakes and do a few easy hikes before reaching Copiapo volcano the first of two major peaks you get the chance to climb during this expedition. The ascent of the 6,052m high Copiapo volcano will also help our acclimatization process in order to maximise our chances and minimize the risk of climbing Ojos del Salado. Finally, we will approach the majestic massif of Ojos del Salado volcano. We will spend a few days on the mountain in order to prepare everything for the summit day. From the summit, the 360º views you will have are beyond description.
If you are looking for a physical challenge, combined with a journey through some of the planet’s most spectacular landscapes, then join us for this memorable mountaineering expedition.
– Climb the highest volcano in the world. Ojos del Salado (6,893m)
– Explore the beautiful Atacama Desert, the driest desert on earth.
– Enjoy the spectacular landscapes of the Andean High Plateau.
– Drive through the Maricunga salt flat.
– Camp next to the turquoise waters of Laguna Verde.
– Internationally certified UIAGM guide as expedition leader
Demanding mountaineering program. The mountains are technically easy, but the altitude, the temperature and the wind could make the ascents quite strenuous.
Included in the price
– Private transportation throughout the entire trip.
– Bilingual (English) UIAGM mountain guide expedition leader (1)
– Assistant mountain guides according to the group size (ratio guide/clients: 1 to 4)
– Camp staff such as a cook and camp assistants according to the group size (1 or 2 )
– Meals and accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary.
– One night in a 3 or 4-star hotel at the end of the expedition. (According to availability).
– All activities as mentioned in the program.
– High quality communal camping gear including tents, thick mats as well as full base camp infrastructure and services.
– Airport transfers at the end of the expedition..
– First aid kit and pulse oximeter.
– Bottled oxygen for emergencies.
– VHF radio communication.
– Satellite phone (on pay per minute basis).
– DIFROL permit (a governmental authorization issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, needed only by no Chilean mountaineers, to climb summits located close to the country borders).
Not included in the price
– International and/or domestic flights.
– Personal equipment (mattress, sleeping bag, backpack and others).
– Compulsory travel insurances (accidents, repatriation) and other insurances of any kind (e.g. medical, trip cancellation – strongly recommended).
– Dinner in Copiapo.
– Personal expenses.
– Extra costs for late arrival or early departure.
– Mountain permit. (The authorities are not charging a fee for the mountain at this moment, but please keep in mind that this may change at any moment).
– Any service/cost not mentioned in the program.
ChileMontaña reserves the right to modify the prices published on this web site when the EURO or the DOLLAR suffers important changes in values.
You could download this program pdf HERE
You could also download this program generic gear list pdf HERE
For images of this mountain click HERE