Volcano San José
Mountaineering in Chile’s Central Andes
- SEASON November to March √ READY TO GO?… SIGN UP!
√ WHY CHOOSE US
- DURATION 9 days. Starts and ends in Santiago de Chile
- PARTICIPANTS 6 to 12 participants.
- FIXED DEPARTURES DATES 2016/2017
DEPARTURE ENDING STATUS Sunday December 25, 2016 Friday January 2, 2017 Open Sunday January 28, 2017 Friday February 5, 2017 Open Sunday February 25, 2017 Friday March 5, 2017 Open
US $1,390.00 per person
Based on double room and double tent accommodation. For single accommodation please add US $110.00 (not available in high camps).
San José is a 5,821m high, massive stratovolcano which is located in the Central Andes on the border between Chile and Argentina. Formed over millions of years during the Pleistocene-Holocena era, its summit now encompasses an area of 2 x 0.5 kilometers and contains overlapping and nested craters and blocky lava flows. San José has only seen mild eruptions during the 19th and 20th centuries and its majestic appearance as well as the breathtaking views over the Central Andes range make this ascent a memorable experience.
The best time for ascending San José is during the spring and summer months (November to March). We propose a 9-day expedition that will give you enough time to acclimatize and enjoy the beauty of the Central Andes.
Join us for a unique expedition to this rarely visited area close to Santiago and enjoy one of the most stunning views in the entire Andes.
– Participate in a challenging ascent in the heart of the Central Andes.
– Hike through unique Andean scenery.
– Enjoy the breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding 5,000m and 6,000m peaks.
Demanding mountaineering program. The mountain is technically easy, but the altitude, the temperature and the wind could make this ascent quite strenuous.
Included in the price
– Private transportation throughout the entire trip.
– Professional bilingual mountain guide(s). (1 guide / 4 clients)
– Camp manager and cook.
– Meals and accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary.
– High quality communal camping and mountaineering gear including tents in double accommodation as well as full base camp structures and services.
– Mules for the luggage until the base camp.
– First aid kit including pulse oximeter.
– VHF radio communication.
– Satellite phone (on pay per minute basis).
Not included in the price
– International and/or domestic flights.
– Personal equipment (mattress, sleeping bag, backpack and others).
– Compulsory travel insurances (accidents, repatriation) and other insurances of any kind (e.g. medical, trip cancellation – strongly recommended).
– Dinner in Santiago.
– Extra costs for early departure.
– Any service/cost not mentioned in the program.
ChileMontaña reserves the right to modify the prices published on this web site when the EURO or the DOLLAR suffers important changes in values.
You could download this program pdf HERE
You could also download this program generic gear list pdf HERE
For images of this mountain click HERE