- SEASON Year-round
- DURATION 8 days. Santiago – Santiago
- Currently this trip is available only for private groups. Please Contact us to receive your customised program with rates.
This trip takes us across one of the driest deserts in the world, the Atacama, and the Andean plateau, stopping at ancient Inca villages and interesting archeological and geological sites on the way. In this region of extreme contrasts we will be admiring the ever-changing colors of magnificent landscapes, the local way of living, and the unique wildlife. The journey offers a great opportunity for self-improvement and self-fulfillment for all those seeking new horizons and challenges. In order to make it as easy-going and relaxing as possible, we shall be carrying only our daily needs with us, while the rest of the equipment is transported by car, often taking long detours to reach the next campsite.
– Cross the spectacular Atacama Desert, the world’s driest desert.
– Explore native villages and ancient cultures.
– Visit San Pedro de Atacama and its unique surroundings: The Atacama Salt Flats, the Salt Range and the Moon Valley.
– Trek across the Andean High Plateau and its stunning landscapes, flora and fauna.
Technically easy but physically challenging trek that involves days with 9 to 10 hours of hiking and ascents of up to 1,000 meters.
Included in the price
– Private transportation throughout the entire trip.
– Professional bilingual mountain guide(s).
– Camp staff such as cook, camp assistants etc.
– Meals and accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary.
– All activities and entrance fees as mentioned in the program.
– High quality communal camping gear, including tents as well as full base camp infrastructure and services.
– Airport transfers as mentioned in the itinerary.
– VHF radio communication.
– First aid kit including pulse oximeter.
– Satellite phone (on pay per minute basis).
Not included in the price
– International and domestic flights.
– Personal equipment (e.g. mattress, sleeping bag, backpack).
– Compulsory travel insurances (accidents, repatriation) and other insurances of any kind (e.g. medical, trip cancellation – strongly recommended).
– Meals not mentioned in the itinerary.
– Personal expenses
– Extra costs for early departure.
– Any service/cost not mentioned in the program.
ChileMontaña reserves the right to modify the prices published on this web site when the EURO or the DOLLAR suffers important changes in values.