Trek the Atacama and Bolivia highlands with
the final ascent of Volcano Licancabur
- SEASON Year around.
Fixed departures dates April, May, August, September and October √READY TO GO?… SIGN UP!
√ WHY CHOOSE US
- DURATION 8 days. Starting and ending in Calama, Chile
- PARTICIPANTS 6 to 12 participants.
- PRIVATE DEPARTURES DATES Year around. Quotation upon request.
- FIXED DEPARTURES DATES 2017
DEPARTURE ENDING STATUS Saturday May 6, 2017 Saturday May 13, 2017 Open Saturday August 19, 2017 Saturday August 26, 2017 Open Saturday September 9, 2017 Saturday September 16, 2017 Open Saturday October 7, 2017 Saturday October 14, 2017 Open
US $2,200.00 per person. Shared vehicles, guides and services
Based on double room and double tent accommodation. For single accommodation please add US $350.00
This trip takes us across one of the driest deserts in the world, the Atacama, and the Andean plateau, visiting ancient Inca villages and interesting archeological and geological sites on the way. In this region of extremes contrasts we will be admiring the ever-changing colours of magnificent landscapes, the local way of living, and the unique wildlife.
The journey offers a great opportunity for self-improvement and self-fulfillment for all those seeking new horizons and challenges. In order to make it as easy-going and relaxing as possible, we shall be carrying only our daily needs with us, while the rest of the equipment is transported by car, often taking long detours to reach the next campsite.
The final climb of Volcan Licancabur is the icing on the cake for this adventurous expedition, enabling you to reach the summit of one of the most symbolic and important mountains in the Atacama: “Lican Cabur, The mountain of the Lican people”
This expedition also serves as a good acclimatisation / preparation for those who intend to climb higher peaks such as Aconcagua, Ojos del Salado or other six thousand mountains.
- Five days trek in the spectacular Atacama Desert, the world’s driest desert and in the Andean highlands
- Explore native villages and ancient cultures.
- Explore San Pedro de Atacama and its unique surroundings
- Discover the Moon Valley in Chile and Laguna Verde and Laguna Blanca in Bolivia
- Live the sunrise at the Tatio Geyser
- Trek across the Andean High Plateau and its stunning landscapes, flora and fauna.
- Climb the unique shaped Licancabur volcano (5920m /19.422ft)
The treks are technically easy. It involves days with 5 to 6 hours of hiking and one day ascent of up to 700m / 2.300ft.
The Licancabur climb, is a technically easy but physically challenging altitude trek that involves a full day with 9 to 10 hours of hiking and ascents of a denivelation up to 1.200m / 3.940ft.
Included in the price
- Private transportation throughout the entire trip.
- Professional bilingual mountain guide(s).
- Camp staff such as cook, camp assistants etc.
- Meals and accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All activities and entrance fees as mentioned in the program.
- High quality communal camping gear, including tents as well as full base camp infrastructure and services.
- Airport transfers as mentioned in the itinerary.
- VHF radio communication.
- First aid kit including pulse oximeter and oxygen for emergencies.
- Satellite phone (on pay per minute basis).
Not included in the price
- International and domestic flights.
- Personal equipment (e.g. mattress, sleeping bag, backpack).
- Compulsory travel insurances (accidents, repatriation) and other insurances of any kind (e.g. medical, trip cancellation – strongly recommended).
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses
- Extra costs for early departure.
- Any service/cost not mentioned in the program.
ChileMontaña reserves the right to modify the prices published on this web site when the EURO or the DOLLAR suffers important changes in values.
You could download this program pdf HERE
You could also download this program generic gear list pdf HERE
For images of this mountain click HERE