Trek and Mountaineering in the Atacama Desert
- SEASON Year around.
Fixed departures dates March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October √ READY TO GO?… SIGN UP!
√ WHY CHOOSE US
- DURATION 6 days. Starting and ending in Calama, Chile
- PARTICIPANTS 6 to 12 participants.
- PRIVATE DEPARTURES DATES Year around. Quotation upon request.
- FIXED DEPARTURES DATES 2017
DEPARTURE ENDING STATUS Saturday May 20, 2017 Thursday May 25, 2017 Open Saturday May 27, 2017 Thursday June 01, 2017 Open Saturday June 3, 2017 Thursday June 8, 2017 Open Saturday July 15, 2017 Thursday July 20, 2017 Open Saturday August 5, 2017 Thursday August 10, 2017 Open Saturday August 12, 2017 Thursday August 17, 2017 Open Saturday September 2, 2017 Thursday September 7, 2017 Open Saturday September 23, 2017 Thursday September 28, 2017 Open Saturday October 1, 2017 ursday October 6, 2017 Open Saturday October 21, 2017 Thursday October 26, 2017 Open
- RATES US $1,560.00 per person. Shared vehicles, guides and services
Based on double room and double tent accommodation. For single accommodation please add US $340.00.
A trekking expedition, supported by 4x4s, following the trails of the Atacama desert and the Andes highlands, this adventure highlights the best of the Atacama and bring you to experience firsthand the driest desert on earth and climb the summit of an active volcano.
Carefully prepared to maximize your contact with nature and people while keeping a high level of comfort.
The treks and the climb are accessible to everyone with a regular level of fitness.
Everything has been planned for you to hike with your small daypack and enjoy the day while discovering this wild Andean landscapes.
- Five days across the spectacular Atacama Desert, the world’s driest desert and in the Andean highlands
- Explore native villages and ancient cultures.
- Explore San Pedro de Atacama and its unique surroundings
- Discover the Salt range and the Moon Valley – Live the sunrise at the Tatio Geyser
- Trek across the Andean High Plateau and its stunning landscapes, flora and fauna.
- Climb Volcan Lascar (5592m /18.346ft)
The treks are technically easy. It involves days with 2 to 5 hours of hiking and one day ascent of up to 700 meters / 2.296ft
The Volcan Lascar climb, technically easy, involves a full day with 5 to 6 hours of hiking and ascents of up to 600 meters / 1.969ft.
Included in the price
- Private transportation throughout the entire trip.
- Bilingual mountain guide(s).
- Camp staff such as cook, camp assistants etc.
- Meals and accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All activities and entrance fees as mentioned in the program.
- High quality communal camping gear, including tents as well as full base camp infrastructure and services.
- Airport transfers as mentioned in the itinerary.
- VHF radio communication.
- First aid kit including pulse oximeter and oxygen for emergencies.
- Satellite phone (on pay per minute basis).
Not included in the price
- International and domestic flights.
- Personal equipment (e.g. mattress, sleeping bag, backpack).
- Compulsory travel insurances (accidents, repatriation) and other insurances of any kind (e.g. medical, trip cancellation – strongly recommended).
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses
- Extra costs for early departure.
- Any service/cost not mentioned in the program.
ChileMontaña reserves the right to modify the prices published on this web site when the EURO or the DOLLAR suffers important changes in values.
You could download this program pdf HERE
You could also download this program generic gear list pdf HERE
For images of this mountain click HERE