Atacama & South Lipez
- SEASON Year-round
- DURATION 16 days. Santiago – Santiago
- Currently this trip is available only for private groups. Please Contact us to receive your customised program with rates.
An unforgettable journey between Northern Chile and Southern Bolivia
The Deserts of the Andes are one of our planet’s masterpieces; from Atacama to South Lipez, from Uyuni salt flat to Lauca National Park, this expedition is an invitation to a multicolored mineral world and untouched nature.
Each day will surprise us with new and amazing landscapes: six thousand meter volcanoes, red, blue and green lakes and lagoons, salt ranges, thermal springs and ancient Indian villages. A close contact with the surprising flora and fauna is guaranteed, since we will spend many days walking in this incredible nature. Discovering people is one of this trip’s highlights: Quechua as well as Aymara families still live in the region with their ancient traditions and cultures.
In brief, a magic region for an outstanding expedition and a unique travel experience.
– Travel through the beautiful Atacama Desert.
– Explore the volcanic activity at Tatio and Sol de la Mañana Geysers.
– View some of the world’s highest volcanoes.
– Relax in Baños de Puritama, one of the world’s most beautiful hot springs.
– Travel to high altitude multicolored lagoons like Laguna Colorada, Verde and Chaxa.
– Visit the stunning Uyuni Salt Lake, the world’s largest salt lake.
– Discover Atacama and Coipasa salt flats.
– Visit ancient Indian and local villages.
– Explore a wide variety and amazing fauna and landscapes.
This overland expedition involves some short hikes and a few longer but easy day treks. Therefore a minimum amount of physical fitness is required.
Included in the price
– Private transportation throughout the entire trip.
– Professional bilingual mountain guide(s).
– Camp staff such as cook and camp assistants.
– Accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary.
– Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
– All activities and entrance fees as mentioned in the program.
– High quality communal camping gear including tents as well as full base camp infrastructure and services.
– Airport transfers.
– VHF radio communication.
– First aid kit including pulse oximeter.
– Satellite phone (on pay per minute basis).
Not included in the price
– International and/or domestic flights.
– Personal equipment (mattress, sleeping bag, backpack and others).
– Compulsory travel insurances (accidents, repatriation) and other insurances of any kind (e.g. medical, trip cancellation – strongly recommended).
– Meals not mentioned in the itinerary.
– Personal expenses.
– Extra cost for early departure.
– Any service/cost not mentioned in the program.
ChileMontaña reserves the right to modify the prices published on this web site when the EURO or the DOLLAR suffers important changes in values.