Patagonia & Tierra del Fuego
Explore the southernmost regions of Chile & Argentina!
- Season October to March
- Duration 16 days. Santiago – Santiago
- Currently this trip is available only for private groups. Please Contact us to receive your customised program with rates.
This overland expedition will take you to some of the most spectacular areas that Patagonia has to offer.
You will fly to Punta Arenas, the gateway to Patagonia on the shores of the Strait of Magellan, from where you start your journey through the southernmost region of the American continent. Your first stop will be Torres del Paine National Park, a pristine natural habitat centered around the world-famous granite towers of the Cordillera del Paine, which you will discover by boat and foot. From there you cross the Argentinean border to reach the Los Glaciares National Park and the Patagonian mountaineering capital El Chaltén, situated at the foot of the incomparable Cerro Fitz Roy massif. On various day treks, you will come across striking landscapes, majestic glaciers, remote turquoise mountain lakes and the unique Patagonian wildlife. Finally, you will cross the Beagle Channel by boat to reach the mythic Tierra del Fuego, one of the most secluded areas to be found on earth.
In brief, this is an adventure for all those who want to discover the wilderness of Patagonia in a comfortable way!
– Hike through the world famous Torres del Paine and Los Glaciares national parks.
– Watch huge ice blocks bursting off Perito Moreno Glacier.
– Visit Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world.
– Explore the Grey Glacier by boat.
– Cross the Beagle Channel by boat.
– Navarino Island and Dientes de Navarino trek.
– Visit 60 million penguins at the Seno Ottway Penguin Colony.
– Torres del Paine, FitzRoy and Cerro Torre trek.
– Discover the Darwin Range on Isla Tierra del Fuego.
This overland expedition involves some short hikes and a few longer but easy day treks. Therefore a minimum amount of physical fitness is required.
Included in the price
– Private land transportation throughout the entire trip.
– Private bilingual guide(s).
– Accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary.
– Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
– All activities and entrance fees as mentioned in the program.
– Beagle Channel navigation.
– Lake Grey navigation.
– Last Hope and Serrano River navigation.
– Airport transfers.
– VHF radio communication.
– First aid kit.
Not included in the price
– International and/or domestic flights.
– Personal gear & equipment.
– Compulsory travel insurances (accidents, repatriation) and other insurances of any kind (e.g. medical, trip cancellation – strongly recommended).
– Meals not mentioned in the itinerary.
– Personal expenses.
– Extra costs for early departure.
– Any service/cost not mentioned in the program.
ChileMontaña reserves the right to modify the prices published on this web site when the EURO or the DOLLAR suffers important changes in values.