Climb three of the highest volcanoes in the world in one expedition: SAIRECABUR (5,972m), CERRO ERMITAÑO (6,146m) & PISSIS (6,795m).
- SEASON November to March
- DURATION 22 days. Home – home
- PARTICIPANTS Min 6 – Max 8
US $4,585.00 per person
- Based on double room and double tent accommodation. For single accommodation please add US $476.00 (not available in huts).
The South American Altiplano is the world’s largest high plateau outside of Tibet and stretches from Northern Chile and Argentina over Western Bolivia up to Southern Peru. This expedition takes you to the Chilean and Argentinean part of the Altiplano, a desertic region which is well known amongst mountaineers as it concentrates the highest number of six thousand meter peaks in the world. Hidden amid all these giant mountains and volcanoes rises Monte Pissis, an extinct volcano that overlooks vast parts of the beautiful Atacama Desert and the surrounding 6,000m peaks such as Ojos del Salado.
During this trip you will get the opportunity to climb several of those giants, always keeping in mind the final goal of ascending Monte Pissis. Every single one of the peaks we climb offers 360 degree views that are beyond description. On the way, we will come across the beautiful and diverse scenery of the Atacama Desert around the desert towns of San Pedro de Atacama and Copiapó.
Join us for this expedition to a region that only few people have seen and experience the fascination of the beautiful Atacama Desert and the Andean Altiplano.
- Climb three of the highest volcanoes in the world in one expedition.
- Cross the beautiful Atacama Desert, the world’s driest desert.
- Explore the Andean High Plateaus with its unique landscapes and colors.
- Enjoy a sunrise at the El Tatio Geysers.
- Walk and camp next to the beautiful Laguna Verde.
Demanding mountaineering program. The mountain is technically easy, but the altitude, the temperature and the wind make this ascent quite strenuous.
Included in the price
- Private transportation throughout the entire trip.
- Professional bilingual mountain guide(s).
- Camp staff such as cook and camp assistants.
- Meals and accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All activities and entrance fees as mentioned in the program.
- High quality communal camping and mountain gear including tents as well as full base camp infrastructure and services.
- Mules and/or lamas for the luggage when required.
- Airport transfers as mentioned in the program.
- First aid kit including pulse oximeter.
- VHF radio communication.
- Satellite phone (on pay per minute basis).
Not included in the price
- International and/or domestic flights.
- Personal equipment (mattress, sleeping bag, backpack and others).
- Compulsory travel insurances (accidents, repatriation) and other insurances of any kind (e.g. medical, trip cancellation – strongly recommended).
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses.
- Extra costs for early departure.
- Any service/cost not mentioned in the program.
ChileMontaña reserves the right to modify the prices published on this web site when the EURO or the DOLLAR suffers important changes in values.